Thursday 15 April 2010

Step one for a Northern Girl.

I believe it was a band called Slow Club who slipped this line into one of their songs,
"But I'm just a northern girl from where nothing really happens"
And I believe it was my year 9 history teacher, Mrs Lidster, who told me that, even though I may get the grades I want and may be qualified, if a man with a posh accent and I were to apply for the same job, he would have the advantage even if he were less qualified. Because that's what people like, posh men, not blonde northern girls. Because that's what happened to her niece.
I am 16. I live in northeast England. I have blonde hair.
I would like to feel that my appearance, age, size and accent have no influence on how I'm perceived.
Step one: Start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment